Creative Spaces: The Workspace of Artist Matte Stephens

. Saturday, January 23, 2010






Continuing our Creative Spaces series is the home/studio of artist Matte Stephens, recently featured on the Herman Miller blog. This small space is a shrine to the American Modern Movement, loaded with a museum worthy collection of furniture and graphic art.

"Do you feel that your working environment has any influence over your painting?

To me it’s the most important thing when working at home to have an inspiring workroom. I spend a lot of time in the room so I have tried to make it as inspiring and comfortable as possible. As you can see I love mid century design and I feel its one of my main influences. Being able to live with and work with good design makes everything more efficient and it’s just great stuff.
"

Here's an interview with Matte on Grain Edit.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails